Art & Art History
Our program balances ideation and research with hands-on learning and material process.
Why Study Art at CSU?
In the Department of Art and Art History at CSU, we approach learning in a holistic fashion with an eye towards helping students develop their creative problem-solving skills. We emphasize the conceptual and the practical, where the “why” is as important as the “how”. Our program balances ideation and research with hands-on learning and material process. Our visual art degrees are thinking degrees where students learn to communicate within historical and contemporary context to find their place in the world.
Who Are You?
Join us on your journey of discovery and exploration.
Information and resources for undergraduate students.
Information and resources for future and current MFA students.
Who We Are
As faculty, we actively engage in creating, understanding, and teaching art.
We advance artistry through innovative studio practice, the curation and exhibition of art, and scholarship through publication and dissemination of research. Our core values are rooted in intellectual curiosity, personal integrity, critical thinking, and risk taking. We support, mentor, and inspire our students.
December 10, 2020
- MFA Thesis Exhibition 2020 – Virtual Exhibition
- Glass Box Gallery: MAREA DARIOLA
- Richard De Vore and the Teaching Collection
- Shattering Perspectives: A Teaching Collection of African Ceramics
- Hauntings: The Afterlives of Segregation on Campus
- Mini Gallery: Justin Price
- Mini Gallery: Grace Morris
- Mini Gallery: Anna Dunn
- Mini Gallery: Hannah Chatham
- Mini Gallery: Kasandra Anaya